Sunday, August 31, 2008

BULLET BITES MAN

Currently I am developing BULLET BITES MAN, a solo performance merging spoken word, hip hop and theatrical aesthetics to satirize and critique the origin, and use of the varied stereotypes of black men within the Western lexicon. As a response to the recent question of Barak Obama’s legitimate “blackness” I am exploring the relationship between mass media and "the other."

One of my goals is to expand the currently limited confines of the spoken word or hip hop performer, even the playwright. I have always searched for unison among all the mediums I work in, from writing to digital videography to sound art. This show is the beginning of a personal journey towards the inspired culmination of these influences.

I will performing excerpts of BULLET BITES MAN:

Sept. 12th & 13th
Non English Speaking Spoken Here: The Late Nite Series
9pm@
Pilsbury House Theatre
Minneapolis, MN

Sunday Sept. 21st
9pm @
High Mayhem Emerging Arts Festival
Warehouse 21
Santa Fe, NM

Fridays Sept. 26/Oct. 3
CCA Santa Fe Hip Hop Lecture & Presentation
6:30 - 8:30pm
Center for Contemporary Arts
Santa Fe, Nm

No comments: