Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's a new dawn, it's a new day...

Well, we're moving on....

couple pieces of good news to start the year. two of my poems will be published in
Rattle Magazine and Blood Lotus online literary journal respectively. I will keep you posted
on the when and whatnot.

Thursday Jan.22 I am a featured performer for the OPEN MIC ACADEMY @ University of Chicago alongside poetry badass Roger Bonair Agard

Friday and Saturday Jan. 23 & 24 @ 7pm - I will be performing "BULLET BITES MAN: the working draft" in Chicago's Rhinoceros Theater festival where I got my start alongside the Hermit Arts Collective back in 2001.

Bullet Bites Man is a cross disciplinary solo performance that explores and explodes mass media's role in the creation of black male stereotypes in the United States. Rooted in spoken word and hip hop poetic, this 60 minute theatrical mash up of language, sound and video expands upon Allen Ginsberg’s notion that “Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture.”

on Sunday Jan. 25 - will be a featured performer during the Winter Block Party for Chicago Hip Hop Arts

ALSO
later in the spring with Remy Bummpo Theater Comapny I will be joining spoken word peformers Usman Ally and Kelli Tsai in an ensemble production called American Ethnic

Stay tuned

good luck to you all!

No comments: